Do you have your own way?
Recently, a journalist reached out after reading Your Best Just Got Better (chapter 1 here) and asked:
“Do you have a list of “To Dos” that you you make sure to do every day?”
I opened up my favorite application for “free-thinking” and wrote out a quick mind-map of the things that I know “if I do, my day is #Better.” So, here’s my list:
- Start the day w/ gratitude. Write a letter to a client, vendor, author, or other to let them know what what THEY do makes MY life better.
- Increase the heart rate, for at least 30 minutes. Walk, ride, run, swim, do SOMEthing to strengthen the HEART muscle; I need that blood system runnin’ to strengthen the MENTAL muscle.
- Eat. Better. The NEXT 5 hours of productivity will be affected by what I do/don’t put into the system right now. Snacks that are high in fat, low in sugar…At least two a day.
- Think big…As in “Predict. Adapt. Improve.” I know that my work and my world 12 months from now will be limited by the thoughts I didn’t have today. So, I do this by reading, watching, listening or interviewing someone to help me think bigger.
- Scan social media, find a place to lend a comment, idea, activity, etc … something that comes from http://wmck.co/ybjgbreviews that could help that person move further…Faster.
Think about it, these are not just “To” dos, for me they are the things that increase the likelihood that I’ll have a good day. No, it’s not a guarantee, but boy does it go a long way in creating the conditions that are just right.
How about you? What are your “Must Dos” that help you have better days?